Probate without a Will
- This flat-fee covers the probate of an uncontested estate without a Will.
- This fee covers the associated court costs (filing fee, notice to creditors, publication to unknown heirs and filing of the inventory).
- This fee does not cover the cost of the attorney appointed by the court (known as the ad litem). Their fee is typically $500 to $1,000.
Small Estate Affidavit
- This flat-fee covers probate using a small estate affidavit.
- Used to probate when the assets excluding the home are less than $50,000.
- Can be used to transfer real estate (if the real estate is homestead property transferred to a spouse or minor children).
- Debts must be less than the value of the estate.
- Cannot be used if there is a Will.